Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Having Fun With the Liebster Award!



I had the pleasure of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Mae Clair. Mae’s book, WEATHERING ROCK is a fabulous read and one that I highly recommend!

So how does the Liebster Award work? Here are the rules:


Thank the person who nominated you (thank you, Mae!).
Post eleven random facts about yourself. Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you. Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.

Sounds like fun!

So, here we go:

Random Facts:


1. Well let’s see... My two older brothers talked me into eating a worm at the age of three... (Gross.)

2. I graduated a year early from high school.

3. I hung around the drama department during my college years, not as an actress, but working in stage make-up and costume design. I LOVED working behind the scenes!

4. My husband and I have over one thousand books in our personal library. (We really need some more book shelves... and thank heaven for Kindle.)

5. During my youth, I spent part of one summer living on an Indian Reservation in Arizona while my father (contractor) built a school there. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. I met some wonderful, fascinating people and poked around the old ruins to my young heart’s content! (The kids know where they all are and didn’t mind showing me.)

6. Unlike Mae--and for those of you who have watched the movie--“Dirty Dancing,” I dance like Baby’s sister...

7.  I have a passion for genealogy. I started delving into my family history at the age of sixteen and have found a plethora of interesting stories and information since then.

8. I have ancestors who arrived in the New World via the Mayflower...

9. I also teach classes on genealogy, so if anyone needs or wants help getting started, I’d be glad to help!

10. Yes, I actually dedicated part of my novel “Spirit of the Revolution,” to our beloved Arabian mare, Lacy Velour, now deceased... You’ll even find her written into the story.

11. Believe it or not, I've seen a few ghosts during my lifetime. Maybe that’s why I write about them...



Now to answer Mae’s questions:

1. What was your favorite book as a child?
Beauty and the Beast...(I still love it!)

2. What famous person from history do you admire most?
Very difficult question. There are so many, and I admire each of them for very different reasons. However, since it's the month of February and if you were to ask me who I admire in early American history, I would have to choose George Washington and Abraham Lincoln (the president...not the vampire slayer).

3. If you could have a superpower, which would you choose?
Tossup between psychic ability and time-travel.

4. Who is your favorite fairytale character and why?
The beast (from Beauty and the...) because despite the odds, he pursued the woman he loved regardless of the obstacles placed before him... He won the day, the beauty, AND, he’s very cute...

5. When it comes to movies, what is your favorite genre?
Again hard to choose, but probably fantasy.

6. Who was your teenage celebrity crush?

Does Quentin Collins count? I had to rush home from school every day in order to see "Dark Shadows."

7. Would you describe yourself as an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?

Somewhere in between.

8. What was your favorite subject in school?

History.

9. What is your favorite board game?

Classical Clue.

10. What is your favorite form of social media?
Blogging.

11. Would you rather spend a lazy day at a secluded beach soaking up the sun, or a day in a tourist town that offers numerous attractions?

A tourist town, if the attractions are historical. If not, I’ll head to the beach.

Eleven Questions for my nominees:


1. Who is your favorite author?
2. Throughout all history who would you most like to interview and why?
3. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
4. What book has most influenced your life?
5. What paranormal character would you most like to encounter?
6. Why?
7. What paranormal character would you most like to avoid?
8. Why?
9. What was your most difficult subject in school?
10. What was your favorite ?
11. If you could choose any time period to live in other than your own, what would it be and why?
And for all of you taking the time to read this post...THANKS... and tell me what paranormal character you would most like to encounter...and avoid...



6 comments:

  1. The big Werewolves from twlight they were beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem...I wouldn't mind encountering those fine gentlemen myself...

    Thanks for the comment Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie! Loved your answers and getting to know you more  I had a huge crush on Quentin Collins too, probably why I’ve always loved stories about werewolves. And the original Clue is still my favorite board game. Awesome choice!

    Now, about your questions—paranormal character I would most like to avoid would be Frankenstein. The body part thing freaks me out. The one I’d like to meet….hmmm…does the Mothman count? I’m planning a book around the legend, so I’d be able to get personal insight from the beastie in question, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then you DEFINITELY need to interview the Mothman... you know...spend some quality time with him...
    (Can't wait to read THAT one...)

    Thanks for your comments and for stopping by Mae! It's always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough to be one of Debbie Peterson's BETA readers and had the opportunity to pre-read one of her upcoming books titled "Spirit of the Knight" (currently under review by her editor YAY!)
    Sir Cailen Braithnach would MOST DEFINITELY be the paranormal character that I wouldn't mind encountering....And be left alone with in an old forgotten mid-evil castle.... With his SEXY Scottish accent...his breath taking good looks... his butterflies in my stomach inducing stare...his quick to laugh demeanor...and with all his WELL muscled sword wielding glory..... for a VERY LONG time!!!

    MMHHMMM :0)

    ReplyDelete